Keeping up with desserts! If there is a worldwide known dessert is the Italian tiramisu. Italy is genuine when creating desserts, snacks and beverages. In Ice Tech we would like you know them all and not leave anything to try from our blessed country 😉
Although its origin is uncertain, it is believed that the tiramisu was prepared in Le Beccherie, a restaurant located in Treviso by the pastry chef Roberto Linguanotto and his apprentice Francesca Valori, whose maiden name was “Tiramisu”. There are also cookbooks explaining this delicious dessert back in 1960.
It can be prepared with different ingredients and it can be presented in different shapes: rectangular, round… In fact, traditionally, the Tiramisu was round and did not contain any kind of liquor. What a change!
The ingredients needed to cook the perfect Tiramisu are:
- 250g of dark chocolate
- 50g of butter
- Sea salt
- 175g of ladyfingers
- 400ml of coffee
- Sweet dessert wine
- 4 large eggs
- 100g of powdered sugar
- 750g of Mascarpone
- 2 oranges
How to prepare it at home?
- First, melt 200g of chocolate on fire, leaving the rest for later.
- Add some butter and salt. Let it stand until melted and stir it.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, align the ladyfingers and pour the hot coffee with sugar over them. Add the wine to the chocolate and mix it very well. We must sprinkle it over the cake. Once we finish it, we let it cool.
- On the other hand, we must separate the eggs, the egg whites on one side and yolks the other. Add sugar to the yolks and whisk them until it gets dissolved.
- After this, mix the mascarpone with the orange zest.
- We beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until it forms peaks.
- Add a tablespoon of the stiff to the yolk mixture and mix it slowly. After that, take the chocolate and smooth it.
- Finally, grate the remaining chocolate and add the zest in the last layer of the cake.
- Cool it for two hours in the fridge.
- Most importantly, celebrate that you managed to make the perfect tiramisu with a glass of Moet Ice Imperial. This champagne must be served with 3 Ice Tech ice cubes. If you are going to serve it in a flute glass, your best option is S. ice cubes; if you are going to serve it in a Brandy glass, use M size.